Welcome to my little corner of wellness in this blogosphere. I am a NYS Licensed Massage Therapist and graduate of the Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences. Both within my work and waking life, I am constantly challenged and amazed by the human body, so much so that I created this blog to educate and amaze all of you too!
I believe true wellness encompasses bodywork, diet, exercise and mindfulness. I encourage my clients to improve these aspects in their own lives. By helping to release what is stored in their muscles through a combination of Eastern and Western techniques, I am able to allow their system to energetically balance itself.
In addition to massage, I am a certified personal trainer specializing in functional movement and corrective exercise. I have trained in the martial art of Muay Thai and have a background in modern dance and the performing arts.
Modalities I practice are:
- Neuromuscular Therapy (Myofascial Release and Trigger Point deactivation)
- Sports Rehab/Corrective Massage
- Shiatsu/Acupressure massage rooted in TCM 5 Element Theory
- Gua-Sha (a form of Myofascial massage using a stone tool to break up scar tissue and promote healing)
- Energetic work (customized to individual employing elements of Polarity and Reiki)
Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. I usually respond within 24 hours to all inquiries.